Tête-à-tête with our Facilitator - Madhuri Chadrakant Holam:




What are the components of your job? What do you do when you say you are a ‘Facilitator’?

In the English E - teach project, I work as a facilitator with vernacular schools who are interested in running our project. We give free trainings to the teachers (which is related to the use of the DVDs that we have specially created) & also help the teachers during E. teach classes in the schools. Once the teacher’s training is complete and the school becomes independent, they can run the program without us. Our aim is to empower the schools.

Do you enjoy your job?

Yes, I really enjoy my job not only for the objective of the project but also for the challenges that it offers to me on a personal level.

What do you love the most about it?

I love to have conversations with the children and to be a part of trainings. It gives me great pleasure to interact with the kids & help them learn English.

Do you think it has it personally benefitted you as well? How?

I have been working with English E.teach for the past three years and in these three years, I have seen many positive changes in me. I had completed my education from a Marathi medium school. But after starting this job, I also began to talk in English better. My English vocabulary has increased. Even my stage fright has reduced & my confidence is increasing on daily basis.  Also, I have learned how to build a rapport with new people.

Any closing thoughts? 

या project वर काम  करताना  मला  नेहमी  असा  फील  होता  की जर  हा  प्रोजेक्ट  मी  स्कूल मध्ये  शिकत  असताना  स्टार्ट  झाला  असता  तर  माझा  English आजच्यापेक्षाही  खूप  चांगला  असता . म्हणूनच मी म्हणेन कि  आताच्या  स्कूल्स  खूप  lucky आहेत  कि  त्यांना  या  प्रोजेक्टचा  फायदा  होतोय, तरी  त्यांनी  याचा  आपल्या  स्टुडन्टन  जास्तीत  जास्त  फायदा  करून  द्यावा.



No comments:

Post a Comment